College graduates are all bombarded with the same question:
“What are you doing after graduation?”
In fact, this question is both so popular and resented that it’s sprouted a following of hilarious memes and decorated grad caps.
(We’re never too old for a spongebob reference).
Regardless of your unique answer to this question, Jon Acuff at Time – a man who has experienced the transition from student to professional – shares what’ll you’ll actually be doing after graduation:
- Working a first job that’ll have nothing to do with your major. Woo hoo!
- Filling out ridiculous amounts of paperwork from 401k enrollment to apartment applications.
- Accommodating sneaky student loans.
- Participating in endless learning. We’re talking podcasts, books and articles, every day.
- Enjoying a “40 hour” work week. Ha! Add a zero.
Next time you’re asked the dreaded question, now you can just pick from the list!